Recipe by: KIBADA22
“This is one of my nephew’s favorite grilled recipes. Jerk means Jamaican barbecue. This well rounded flavor of sweet, hot, herbal and spicy chicken can be served with rice, beans or pasta. Or just make a chicken sandwich out of it! I also add garlic and a kiwi to the marinade.” agen ceme
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a food processor or blender, combine the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Mix for about 15 seconds.
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes, until juices run clear.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 18.2 g fat; 15.4 g carbohydrates; 39.2 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 2798 mg sodium. Full nutrition