Recipe by: ANTLALA
“I got this recipe from my sister in law. She and my brother had it at their gift opening after the wedding. I make it any time we have people staying with us, and it is always a hit. You may sprinkle the top with pecans if you wish.” 99 bandar
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 19.8 g fat; 44.4 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 169 mg cholesterol; 408 mg sodium.